- Valuation Class by Aswath Damodaran, Professor, NYU Stern, taught to his MBA class in Fall 2016
- Valuation Class by Aswath Damodaran, Professor, NYU Stern, taught to his undergraduate class in Spring 2017
- Corporate Finance Class by Aswath Damodaran, Professor, NYU Stern, taught to his MBA class in Spring 2016
- Corporate Finance Class by Aswath Damodaran, Professor, NYU Stern, taught to his undergraduate class in Spring 2016
- GuruFocus, a website founded by Charlie Tian, engaged in providing financial news, commentaries, research and publishing and focused on value investing (Membership options available)
- Value Investors Club, an exclusive online club founded by Joel Greenblatt and John Pentry of Gotham Capital, where you need to submit an investment idea which will be evaluated by a top professional investor to get a membership of the club. You can interact with top investors, discuss various investment ideas and access investment write-ups of other members. Laymen can also view all information, but with a lag of 45-90 days.
- Mr. Money Mustache, funny name right? In his own words, “Mr Money Mustache is a thirty-something (now thirty-twelve) retiree who now writes about how we can all live a frugal yet Badass life of leisure.” There is an app with the same name as well. I have found this to be an excellent idea trove with a lot of tricks to enjoy life on a low budget.
- Investopedia, the Wikipedia of Finance, this is an amazing website for understanding different concepts as well as staying up-to-date with some of the latest concepts in today’s financial world, e.g. bitcoin.
The evidence is out there. In the world of investing, much like life, there is no alternative to continuous learning. Warren Buffett, the Oracle of Omaha, mentor to a legion of investors over the past 50 years and arguably the greatest investor ever has called it the ‘Circle of Competence’. According to him, it is very important for investors to clearly know and enlarge their circle of competence, but always stay within its perimeters.
Giving heed to Mr. Buffett’s advice, about 9 months back I started this journey to becoming a better investor. Here I share the resources that I am using in my daily life to continually go up the learning curve, improve my circle of competence and grow my investing skills. I call this place, in honour, ‘The Competence Library’.
Books & Novels
Websites & Articles
Videos & Playlists
1. Investing – How to Think
2. Investing – What to Think